POP3/IMAP mail setup in Outlook
Here are directions for setting up POP3 email through Outlook 2007—Please contact us for other email client information.
Technical Information you'll need to understand
- Incoming Mail Server—mail.yourdomain.com (change this to your domain) or your ISP's incoming server address
- Outgoing Mail Server—mail.yourdomain.comor your ISP's outgoing server address
- yourdomain.com = your actual domain name
- User Name = your complete email address through 5NINES (firstname.lastname@example.org) or as provided by your email provider
- Password = your email password as provided by your domain administrator
NOTE: Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is the company that you use to connect to the internet. In most cases, it's not 5NINES unless you are a tenant in one of the buildings in which 5NINES provides internet services.
Microsoft Outlook 2007
These directions are for Outlook 2007 users
1. From the menu select: Tools, Account Settings. Click the “New” button. Choose “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP” and click Next.
2. Check the “Manually configure server setting or additional server types” box and click Next.
3. Choose “Internet E-mail” and click Next.
4. Internet Email Settings pertains to your username and password associated with your domain account. See the example below for further information:
Incoming Mail Server Info
- If your mail is hosted with 5NINESin the first server box (labeled POP3) should read: mail.yourdomain.com
- If 5nines Data is your ISP only—in the first server box (labeled POP3) you should have your email provider's mail server address. (ie:pop3.hotmail.com—Contact your email provider for this info)
Outgoing Mail Server Info
If 5NINES is your ISP and/or your mail host—the Outgoing server ( SMTP) should read mail.yourdomain.com
- Verify your User Information (username) and password as provided by your mail administrator.
- If 5NINES is your ISP only—click Test Account Settings and check you mail box for a test message
- ** If your mail is hosted with 5NINES
- Click on More Settings
- In the Internet E-Mail Settings dialog click on the Outgoing Server tab
- Make sure that My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server selected—click okay
- Final Step: Click Test Account Settings and check you mail box for a test message
If you have any further questions contact 5NINES at 608-512-1000