Network/Wireless Installation Specialist
About this position:
Based out of our Madison office, a Wireless Field Installation Technician I is the face of 5NINES and requires excellent customer service skills paired with technical ability. The position requires completing customer installations, service visits, on-site troubleshooting, and recovery of equipment. Work is performed on site at customer locations both with a physical aspect of installing Internet equipment, as well as a technical portion of troubleshooting network issues.
- Perform site surveys for potential customers to evaluate serviceability.
- Diagnose customer problems at service calls and restore functional service to existing customers.
- Install new customers with Internet service, which includes mounting equipment at roof height, running Cat5-E cable from outside to the customer’s computer inside.
- Configure routers and customer computers for access to Internet services.
- Perform equipment upgrades for existing customers
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required: Skills:
- Must be professional in dress, speech, and manner.
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgement principles.
- Must be able to safely use ladders and be comfortable working on roofs and running cables to different parts of a building.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions every day.
- Must demonstrate accountability in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment while managing multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn, supported with a love for technology.
An associate’s degree in technology or two years of field experience. A background in wireless Internet is highly valued.
Ability to lift/move up to 60lbs. Ability to climb a ladder and work on roofs. Ability to work in the infrastructure of an apartment or office building, including roofs. Ability to work in inclement weather conditions when necessary. Must be able to use tools to install equipment.
Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions. May work in high, precarious places.
- Office location: 316 W. Washington Ave, Madison WI.
- Successful staff are continuous learners, strong communicators verbally and in writing, Customer service oriented and always looking for ways to improve themselves and others.
- Permanent position with salary commensurated to experience
5Nines is Madison based Internet and IT Services company focused on delivering Enterprise level IT Service Management to the Small to Medium business market. By providing platform and Infrastructure services such as web hosting, virtual infrastructure (on and off prem), VoIP services, Internet Connectivity, IT Security and Managed Services they allow small business to focus on their core competencies and products, not on IT. The culture of 5Nines is that of busy casual. The company operates under the principles of Availability, Accountability and Adaptability. Structure in the organization is not rigid and employees are encouraged to provide feedback on ways to improve existing services, optimize the delivery of existing services or expand the service offerings. It is a company where creative, communicative and smart people will only be limited by their talent and level of ambition.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 30 Paid Time Off days including Vacation, Sick/Personal Days and Holidays
- On-premise Gym with shower/locker rooms
- Opportunities for membership in the LLC
- Paid training/testing for certifications
- Relaxed dress code and work environment
- Company-sponsored social events throughout the year
- And last…a much-played Foosball table and four vintage pinball machines!