About this Position:
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our agile web development team at 5NINES, a 17-year old technology company in Madison, WI. As a DevOps Engineer you will be helping to automate, deploy and support our website, applications and other client related services. We offer lots of opportunity to do a variety of work and grow alongside great team members. We value hard work, upfront communication, resourceful attitude and a desire to think outside the box.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration is essential
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience with SQL and databases management systems is important
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Understanding of the platforms application functionality, system flow and technology infrastructure (Serverless, Docker, GCP)
- Develop and demonstrate detailed, proactive ownership for supported systems, including configurations, monitoring and documentation and process improvement.
- Work closely with Development counterparts on requirements, issue identification and resolution, problem solving and planning related to production issues.
- Develop release and implementation plans and maintain internal documentation.
- Identify security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment for applications.
- Establish and monitor key performance benchmarks for applications.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying issues that impact release and service delivery.
- Integrating off-the-shelf and custom applications.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Comfort with collaboration and communicating with all areas and levels of the business
- Application capacity and performance planning
- Must be flexible and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Solid ability to implement security and permission controls
- Providing consolidated logging and monitoring
- DevOps scripting, such as Bash, Python
- Experience with source control tools – Git, GitHub, Gitlab
- Some knowledge Experience with Docker
- Strong organizational, communication, time management skills and a capacity for attending to details
- Knowledge of development principles, methods and processes
- Proficient with problem-solving skills
- Must work well with others
- Self-starter, able to work productively with little supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of related experience
- Any experience with the following is a plus: virtualization experience, agile/scrum development
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation based on experience, skill level, and certifications
- Fast paced, flexible hours, output focused, rapidly growing company
- DevOps: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible schedules
- 21 Paid Time Off days including Vacation, Sick/Personal Days and Holidays
- On-premise Gym with shower/locker rooms
- Opportunities for membership in the LLC
- Paid training/testing for certifications
- Relaxed dress code and work environment
- Company-sponsored social events throughout the year
- And last…a much-played Foosball table and four vintage pinball machines