MARKETING / ADVERTISING INTERN
5NINES is looking for a marketing and advertising intern to join our team!!! We are looking for a marketing rockstar that wants to be involved in all sides of the business. Our department covers internal and external marketing, as well as advertising operations. Here are areas that we focus on and that an intern can learn a great deal. (And hopefully bring exciting ideas to the table…)
- Create and curate content for social media channels
- Monitor tech trends and news that is relevant
- Research and make recommendations on social media placement
- Email marketing
- Create email templates
- Help with creating messaging and artwork
- Work with vendors to source materials
- Create online ads
- Post and schedule all digital ads
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google boosted posts
Marketing and Graphic Design
- Work with existing Brand artwork to create new marketing pieces
- Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop experience helpful
- Using pre-existing templates on Canva,
- Edit presentations and RFPs
- Create materials as needed for sales – postcards, flyers, PDFs, etc.
- Get creative and make new designs!
- Help Coordinate networking events
- Edit and proof customer communications
- Customer appreciation gifts and cards
- Identify promotional items
- Content development
- Prepare for and participate in 5NINES networking events
- Look for opportunities to promote 5NINES within the community
- Community Outreach
- Help with press release ideas
We are looking for someone who is passionate about marketing, comfortable with technology and willing to learn. Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines/ expectations is a necessity. Our ideal candidate has at least one year of marketing course work and a 3.0 GPA. Adobe Creative Suite, Canva graphic design experience is preferred.
- Office location: 316 W. Washington Ave, Madison WI.
- Hours of very flexible around school commitments. No more than 15 hours per week is expected.
- Successful interns are continuous learners, strong communicators verbally and in writing, Customer service oriented and always looking for ways to improve themselves and others.
- This is a paid internship paying $14 per hour
5Nines is an IT Services and products company focused on delivering Enterprise level IT Service Management to the Small to Medium business market. By providing platform and Infrastructure services such as web hosting, virtual infrastructure (on and off prem), VoIP services, Internet Connectivity, IT Security and Managed Services they allow small business to focus on their core competencies and products, not on IT.
The culture of 5Nines is that of busy casual. The company operates under the principles of Availability, Accountability and Adaptability. Structure in the organization is not rigid and employees are encouraged to provide feedback on ways to improve existing services, optimize the delivery of existing services or expand the service offerings. It is a company where creative, communicative and smart people will only be limited by their talent and level of ambition.