TECHNICAL SPECIALIST II
About this position This position serves as a tier 2 resource in the IT Managed Services space. Typical roles and responsibilities are to respond to incidents escalated from Tier 1 support, monitor client environments for issues, participate in delivery of services for expansion of services and improve services through Automation.
Critical Skills & Applications:
- Microsoft Server, Desktop, and PowerShell scripting. Highly capable of troubleshooting Microsoft OS and applications. Experience with creating PowerShell scripts from analysis of incidents to automate the remediation.
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX, vSphere, Virtual Center and excellent troubleshooting skills related to identification of resource constraints at the hypervisor for computer and storage (iSCSI) resources.
- Ability to identify monitoring metrics, thresholds and configure alarms for various applications and services.
- Office365 applications
- Three or more years of technical support experience
- Microsoft Certification – or the ability to obtain a necessary certification
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (NAT, Routing, Firewalls)
- Linux command line experience (primarily RHEL)
- Microsoft Exchange administration experience
- Office location and hours: 316 W. Washington Ave, Madison WI. 8-5 M-F with rotating on call and emergency response one week per month. Position is primarily 80% in office, 20% off site at customer facilities in the area..
- Successful staff are continuous learners, strong communicators verbally and in writing, Customer service oriented and always looking for ways to improve themselves and others.
- Permanent position with salary range of $48-60+K/yr depending on experience.
About 5NINES: 5Nines is an Internet and IT Services company focused on delivering Enterprise level IT Service Management to the Small to Medium business market. By providing platform and Infrastructure services such as web hosting, virtual infrastructure (on and off prem), VoIP services, Internet Connectivity, IT Security and Managed Services they allow small business to focus on their core competencies and products, not on IT.
The culture of 5Nines is that of busy casual. The company operates under the principles of Availability, Accountability and Adaptability. Structure in the organization is not rigid and employees are encouraged to provide feedback on ways to improve existing services, optimize the delivery of existing services or expand the service offerings. It is a company where creative, communicative and smart people will only be limited by their talent and level of ambition.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 15 Paid Time Off days including Vacation, Sick/Personal Days and Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- On-premise Gym with shower/locker rooms
- Opportunities for membership in the LLC
- Paid training/testing for certifications
- Relaxed dress code and work environment
- Company-sponsored social events throughout the year
- And last…a much-played Foosball table and four vintage pinball machines!