5NINES is looking for an outgoing and tech-savvy individual to take the lead in helping us deliver solid solutions to our customers. 5NINES is a fast-growing company, a dynamic place to work and a fantastic place to learn and be rewarded for your efforts.
About the Position:
The Systems Consultant works directly with service managers, technical support staff, and other consultants to support and enhance internal and client systems. The Systems Consultant must be able to meet with our clients’ top executives, understand their needs, and devise solutions to further their goals.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in multiple IT infrastructure projects for the complete lifecycle – from design/estimation to execution (strategy, budgeting, architecture, quality assurance, delivery, and documentation)
- Partner with colleagues, vendors, and clients to design and implement appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with Sales to coauthor technical designs, statements of work, test plans, site maps, user experience documents, and support documentation
- Identify and resolve technical infrastructure issues escalated from support staff including storage, hypervisor, business applications, and performance issues
- Delegate and manage project resources where appropriate
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5 plus progressive years of experience (implementation, migration, and administration) in two or more of these technologies:
- Storage Area Networks
- Virtualization technologies (primarily VMware – HyperV)
- Windows Server
- Successful history of implementation and integration projects
- Certification in VMware and Microsoft servers; current or ability to obtain certs six months of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to manage personal workload to meet client expectations
- Ability to communicate succinctly to stakeholders at all levels, including C-level employees, business owners, IT executives, and clients’ employees
- Office location and hours: 316 W. Washington Ave, Madison WI. 8-5 M-F with rotating on call and emergency response one week per month. Position is primarily 80% in office, 20% off site at customer facilities in the area..
- Successful staff are continuous learners, strong communicators verbally and in writing, Customer service oriented and always looking for ways to improve themselves and others.
- Permanent position with salary range of $55-72K/yr.
5Nines is an IT Services and products company focused on delivering Enterprise level IT Service Management to the Small to Medium business market. By providing platform and Infrastructure services such as web hosting, virtual infrastructure (on and off prem), VoIP services, Internet Connectivity, IT Security and Managed Services they allow small business to focus on their core competencies and products, not on IT.
The culture of 5Nines is that of busy casual. The company operates under the principles of Availability, Accountability and Adaptability. Structure in the organization is not rigid and employees are encouraged to provide feedback on ways to improve existing services, optimize the delivery of existing services or expand the service offerings. It is a company where creative, communicative and smart people will only be limited by their talent and level of ambition.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 15 Paid Time Off days including Vacation, Sick/Personal Days and Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Opportunities for membership in the LLC
- Paid training/testing for certifications
- Relaxed dress code and work environment
- Company-sponsored social events throughout the year
- And last…a much played Foosball table and three vintage pin-ball machines!