SERVICE TEAM TECHNICIAN
This team-oriented position will provide technical support via telephone, email, remote access tools and some on-site visits to clients in the Madison area. Duties will include troubleshooting technology issues and supporting hardware, software, and peripheral equipment. Candidates must have at least one to two years of IT support experience.
Candidates will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of the following skills upon completion of the three month evaluation (probationary) period. A typical day on our service desk will include working with customers in any of the following areas.
- Microsoft Server and Workstation Operating Systems
- Office 365 Application and Email Administration
- Remote Support and Endpoint Administration
- Active Directory Support
- DNS Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
- Internet Troubleshooting
- Webhosting and Hosted Email
- VMware ESX/ESXi/vSphere
- 1-2 years of experiences supporting business and office technical environments
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Request and Incident Priority Management
- Time Management
- Experience with an ERP or ticketing system (ConnectWise experience a plus!)
- Microsoft Certification (MTA, MCSA, etc.)– or the ability to obtain certification (we pay for testing and if you pass, you’ll get a bonus!)
- Networking Certification (Network +, CCNA, etc.)
- Managed Services Experience
- Linux Experience
- Office location and hours: 316 W. Washington Ave, Madison WI. 8-5 M-F with rotating on call and emergency response one week per month. Position is primarily in office with occasional off-site at customer facilities in the area..
- Successful staff are continuous learners, strong communicators verbally and in writing, Customer service oriented and always looking for ways to improve themselves and others.
- Permanent position with starting salary range of $40-$45K per year. Raises and bonuses come with advancement of skills and responsibilities along with annual performance reviews.
5Nines is a Madison-based technology company providing Internet, IT Managed Services, Cloud Hosting for user devices, applications, servers and networks. Over the past 16 years, we have focused on delivering Enterprise level IT Service Management to the Small to Medium business market. We managed our business clients’ technology so they can focus on their core competencies and products, not on IT.
The culture of 5Nines is that of busy casual. The company operates under the principles of Availability, Accountability and Adaptability. Structure in the organization is not rigid and employees are encouraged to provide feedback on ways to improve existing services, optimize the delivery of existing services or expand the service offerings. It is a company where creative, communicative and smart people will only be limited by their talent and level of ambition.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 15 Paid Time Off days including Vacation, Sick/Personal Days and Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Paid training/testing for certifications
- Relaxed dress code and work environment
- Company-sponsored social events throughout the year
- Friendly dogs welcomed!
- And lastly…a much played Foosball table and four vintage pin-ball machines!