About the Position:
A Systems & Network Engineer works directly with service managers and other technical support staff to support and enhance internal and client systems. The successful candidate will be able to meet with our clients, understand their needs, and help devise solutions to further their goals.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in multiple IT infrastructure projects for the complete lifecycle – from design/estimation to execution (strategy, budgeting, architecture, quality assurance, delivery, and documentation)
- Partner with colleagues, vendors, and clients to design and implement appropriate solutions
- Collaborate with Sales to coauthor technical designs, statements of work, test plans, site maps, user experience documents, and support documentation
- Identify and resolve technical infrastructure issues escalated from support staff including storage, hypervisor, business applications, and performance issues
- Delegate and manage project resources where appropriate
Skills and Experience Required:
5 plus progressive years of experience (implementation, migration, and administration) in two or more of these technologies:
- 5 plus progressive years of experience (implementation, migration, and administration) in two or more of these technologies:
- Computer Networking
- Storage Area Networks
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, HyperV)
- Windows Server Management
- Successful history of implementation and integration projects
- Cisco CCNA certification is required, or the ability to obtain a CCNA certification within the first 6 months of employment.
- VMware and/or Microsoft certifications are desireable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to manage personal workload to meet client expectations
- Ability to communicate succinctly to stakeholders at all levels, including C-level employees, business owners, IT executives, and clients’ employees
- Office location and hours: 316 W. Washington Ave, Madison WI. 8-5 M-F with rotating on call and emergency response one week per month. Position is primarily 80% in office, 20% off site at customer facilities in the area..
- Successful staff are continuous learners, strong communicators verbally and in writing, Customer service oriented and always looking for ways to improve themselves and others.
- Permanent position with salary commensurated to experience (range $65k to $75k+)
About 5NINES: 5Nines is Madison based Internet and IT Services company focused on delivering Enterprise level IT Service Management to the Small to Medium business market. By providing platform and Infrastructure services such as web hosting, virtual infrastructure (on and off prem), VoIP services, Internet Connectivity, IT Security and Managed Services they allow small business to focus on their core competencies and products, not on IT. The culture of 5Nines is that of busy casual. The company operates under the principles of Availability, Accountability and Adaptability. Structure in the organization is not rigid and employees are encouraged to provide feedback on ways to improve existing services, optimize the delivery of existing services or expand the service offerings. It is a company where creative, communicative and smart people will only be limited by their talent and level of ambition.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 15 Paid Time Off days including Vacation, Sick/Personal Days and Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- On-premise Gym with shower/locker rooms
- Opportunities for membership in the LLC
- Paid training/testing for certifications
- Relaxed dress code and work environment
- Company-sponsored social events throughout the year
- And last…a much-played Foosball table and four vintage pinball machines!